Sledding in the region of Maishofen
Fun day and night!
There is almost no better way to enjoy winter in Maishofen than whizzing down the slope on a sled. Here, fun is preprogrammed whether you are having a sledding party with the kids, your partner or friends. Before beginning your journey in the valley, you should have a hearty meal, because you need a lot of strength while sledding in order to zoom through the curves like a pro. Sledding fans have a vast selection in Maishofen and the surrounding area:
- Schloss Kammer toboggan track in Maishofen: “Fackelrodeln” every Thursday from the end of December to the end of February
- Reiterkogelbahn in Saalbach-Hinterglemm: A track measuring 3.2km. Ascent with the “Reiterkogelbahn”, illuminated Mon-Sat until 23:00 CAUTION: For safety reasons, the Reiterkogel may only be used with the company’s own sleds.
- Biberg in Saalfelden: 6km moderate, snow-covered and illuminated sledding track, mountain ascent with shuttle or on foot.
- Kohlschnait in Bruck an der Glocknerstraße: 3km-long natural sled track, lit up at night Mountain ascent with shuttle or on foot
- Rodelbahn Nagelköpfel - adventure mountain in Piesendorf: A steep, well-prepared sled track around 2.5km in length, ascent with tow lift possible.
- Sledding on the Wildkogel in Bramberg: On a track measuring 14km, believe it or not, bobsleigh riders traverse the unbelievable height difference of 1,300m to Bramberg. Everything that goes downhill is allowed - whether it is a swift luge, comfortable sled or a sleek bobsleigh. The sled ride lasts around 30-50 minutes, depending on your ability. The whole length of the toboggan route is lit until 22:00. Easy to moderate descent, ascent with cableway, longest illuminated toboggan track in the world!